- Programmable Logic Controller, often called as PLC is an industrial digital computer.
- PLC programming is the fundamental building block of any industrial automation system.
- In foundation module in PLC, students will learn the basics of PLC operations, its symbology and programming techniques.
- The course will cover theoretical aspects like number system Bit, Byte and Word, different languages of PLC and simple ladder logic programs.
- Students will write, enter, and execute application programs using the programmable controllers (simulation software).
- Students will be introduced to different brands of PLC’s used in variety of Industries
Intelligent Automation Foundation Module – Basic PLC Programming
- After a successful completion of the foundation course in PLC programming, students will have the basic knowledge of PLC operations.
- Students will be aware of the importance, criticality of PLC programming in industrial setup, and its application.
- In the industry, students, after understanding PLC programming, will be able to carry out industrial automation, fault finding, and de-bugging tasks with high confidence and authority.
- Engineers with PLC programming knowledge will be able to find a job in process or product-based manufacturing industries like automotive, steel, power generation, glass making, packaging, and bakery etc.
- Automation is at the cornerstone for achieving high productivity in any industry and thus, the demand for PLC service and maintenance engineers is constantly on rise.
Students with any of the following qualifications will be considered as an eligible candidate for the course offered :
- Diploma / Degree / ME Graduated or Appearing
- Students from Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics and Telecommunication / Instrumentation / Mechatronics and Computers Streams
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. students from technical steam like Electronics and Instrumentation
- ITI Students
To enroll in the event, fill the form and register yourself below:
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Months
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes
- Number system in Bit, Byte and Word
- Hardwire system
- PLC system
- Introduction to different brands of PLC’s (Allen Bradley, SIEMENS, Mitsubishi, Delta, and Renu)
- Logic Gates
- Types of PLC
- Languages of PLC
- Wiring diagram of PLC
- Simple Ladder Logic Programs
- Timers On delay/Off delay
- Use of Simulation Software
- Introduction to Industrial Applications of PLC’s – Demonstration of typical temperature controller comprising heating and cooling element along with temperature sensors