- Robots are increasingly proving their worth of investment due to reliable, efficient and high productive work. As such proliferation of robots in manufacturing setup has increased multi-fold and now they have become an integral part of any Industrial automation system.
- Thus, it’s imperative for students who want to make a career in Intelligent Automation to learn about Industrial robots, their functions and applications.
- In this foundation module, the students are taught about the basics of robotics like fundamentals of robotics, motions and controls, degrees of freedom, and basic operations of grips, arms and joints.
- Safety is of paramount importance for any intelligent-software control system and robots are no exceptions. Students will be taught regarding hazards and risks while working with robots. Culture of safety will be ingrained into them from the beginning.
- Students will also be given hands on training on industrial grade multi-axis robot under vigil of experienced faculty. Students will make programs on simulation software and will execute same on an actual robot under guidance.
Intelligent Automation – Foundation Module in Robotics
- It offers an introduction to real life applications of robots in the industry.
- It ingrains a culture of safety in students, covering precautions and safety checks required while operating robots.
- It teaches different robot components, functions, motions and controls.
- It teaches basic programming using simulation software for discrete positioning as well continuous motion applications.
- It is best suited for beginners and novice users.
- The course also offers a practical learning experience with project work and examples.
Students with any of the following qualifications will be considered as an eligible candidate for the course offered :
- Diploma / Degree / ME Graduated or Appearing
- Students from Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics and Telecommunication / Instrumentation / Mechatronics and Computers Streams
- B.Sc. and M.Sc. students from technical steam like Electronics and Instrumentation
- ITI Students
To enroll in the event, fill the form and register yourself below:
- Lectures 23
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Months
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes
- Introduction and application of Robots
- Notes regarding Safety
- Notes for Safe Operation
- Mechanical Safety
- Maintenance Safety
- Explanation for basic operation
- Description of Robot, Controller and Pendant
- Description of Manipulator, Payload and Reach
- Function of Program Pendant and Keys Description
- Practice for robot teaching
- Explanation of Program Pendant Screens
- Movement of all robot axis with PP keys in different coordinate systems
- Creating a job, path creation and editing the Program
- Practicing of position level, fine tag, and corner radius
- Play back and practice
- Path confirmation and playback modes
- Explanation of step, auto and cycle
- Job editing
- Modifying speed and motion type
- Copying & deleting jobs
- Revision for the basic operation and coordinate systems
- Revision for teaching, playback, and editing jobs